On this week’s LibPunk we mostly talked about Occupy Wall Street, other Occupies, and the Occupy Libraries in particular. Sources we discuss include:
- Iris Jastram’s “What does it mean to have a library?”
- Mita Williams’ “How could we build a digital People’s Library?
- The People’s Library and OWS from Al Jazeera
- Rachel Maddow and John Hodgman on OWS
- How Storifying Occupy Wall Street saved the news
- Instead of whining about the skills gap, use training to close it
I think that’s about it. We tried something new with the recording. It was a bit rough but I think it worked? Let us know what you think! We’ll start inviting people to join in when the kinks get worked out.